My Work

www.amazon.com/author/gunnjohnny

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Uncle John's Bathroom Reader


I just got a really nice note from Mana Monzavi, one of the hot-shot publicists at Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader publications.  The next title to be published, Flush Fiction, is apparently going to be on the market at some point during April.  My piece, “Cold is my Love” is included in the anthology.

The Uncle John’s Bathroom Readers that I’ve seen are hilarious, and since we all have to be there from time to time, why not make it a fun experience.  Ho, ho, ho.  A book titled Flush Fiction will probably not make it to the New York Times best seller list, but … then again … one never knows.

The funny thing about “Cold is my Love” is, I attended a writers’ conference a few years ago in Carson City, and one of the projects was to write a piece of flash fiction in less than fifteen minutes, then we read our offerings.  “Cold is my Love” was warmly received.  It’s strange how things come about.  I have not offered the piece to any publication before sending it off to Uncle John. 

If you haven’t had an opportunity to read any of the Uncle John publications, check out their web sites:


Until next time, read good books and stay regular.

No comments:

Post a Comment