My Work

www.amazon.com/author/gunnjohnny

Monday, June 29, 2015

A busy summer so far


What an interesting few weeks this old boy has been through, promoting the heck out of my novel, Jacob Chance, U.S. Marshal while doing the edits on my next novel, The Quest. My editor at Solstice Publishing says The Quest is as edited as he can make it, which means it will be a dom goot read, and I’m waiting now on the final cover selection, something that is very important.

The cover for Jacob Chance, U.S. Marshal is visually stunning and I’m hoping that what we come up with for The Quest is equal to it. As I’ve mentioned before, The Quest is basically a crime mystery story, but it deals with time and space travel, with inter-galactic criminals, a deep look into why the human animal is basically not nice. Think about slavery, murder, hate, racism, oh, my, we could go on and on, and the hero of the book discovers many in the universe seem the same.

We do a little probing into the human psyche in The Quest. My next western novel is finished and will be sent to a publisher soon, and I’m putting the final touches on my next crime/mystery piece. I laid out a basic outline for a follow-up to Jacob Chance and will begin the long process of filling it out into about 90,000 words or so.

All of that said, how’s your summer going? We have not done as much in the garden as the garden wishes, meaning we have weeds, weeds, and more weeds. Bugs have been ferocious this year, but we have been beating them back some. Corn is slow, tomatoes are slow, but the beets, carrots, and onions are doing well.

Did manage to get the horses' feet trimmed. Both Patty and I agree that we need to ride a lot more than we do. Horses are just like us, and most others in the animal kingdom; they get bored.

Until next time, read good books and stay regular.

Will you join me on facebook from time to time?
Or Tweet with me, darlin’?

No comments:

Post a Comment